Introduction

Hi, Thanks for viewing my blog. It lets me have a rant and I may even help someone along the way. Got the idea to do a blog following using an Arthritis Forum for the first time at www.arthritiscare.org.uk

I suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis which is very demanding in all aspects of my life and this is my story on how I deal with it on a day to day basis.

I have been spending lots of time recently researching arthritis and pregnancy, there isnt loads of information out there and the most helpful thing i have found to date is forums and hearing other peoples story. This just confirms to me why I am 'blogging', if someone like me wants to know they are not on their own.

Tuesday 29 November 2011

How difficult can it be?

So when ordering my repeat prescriptions I also ask for more folic acid (yes just the folic acid they advise anyone wanting a baby to take). I pick it up today and its not there; OK so it wasn't on my repeat list but they have my records and know why I am taking it so when I request it surely its simple? I get told I'll need to book a telephone appointment so I speak to the receptionist to arrange this and as it was last prescribed in August (which figures as it contains 90 tablets and you take one tablet a day) I have got to go in and see a doctor. As if I don't already feel like I live in the doctors or hospital, now I have to go and waste the doctors precious time to get this sorted. On top of that to pre book an appointment which I need in order to know  when it is so I can arrange it with work, so I have to wait until 12th December. Luckily I am in a habit of getting prescriptions early so I should have enough.

So frustrating though!!! Why cant anything be easy. I'm glad I wasn't having a day like yesterday otherwise it would have brought me to tears. I suppose it just gets on top of me sometimes, the pain is enough!

7 comments:

  1. There should be no need for you to make an appointment, that is utterly ridiculous. What you need is a message got to your gp via the receptionist to give you a call and sort it over the phone. Good luck! :)

    Elna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on this happens to me alot zas forget alll the medication i'm on :|

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you posted about your blog on AC? i am sure there will be a few on there who would love to follow you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://itsallaboutgettingfromatob.blogspot.com/30 November 2011 at 08:42

    Thanks for your comments.
    Elna - They wont do it over the phone it is frustrating! Never mind. I reckon the doctor will be just as frustrated about it.
    TraLuvie - I will definitely post about my blog on arhtritis care, thanks for the idea; it is important for people to know they are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a "suggestions" box at our surgery to give ideas to make the surgery run smoothly and more effectively. This seems just the type of thing that should be suggested at your surgery. Perhaps you could be the first to put this idea into their heads that it is a good idea, firstly the suggestion box and secondly a message system where gps phone patients over prescription queries for example and this would vacate appointments for more needy patients.

    Elna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://itsallaboutgettingfromatob.blogspot.com/30 November 2011 at 11:52

    What a brilliant idea Elna, I will bring that up when i go for my appointment. Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Charlielou!

    My name is Ben Simmons I work for the Health Experiences Research Group at the University of Oxford. We work with The DIPEx Charity to produce the award-winning websites: http://www.healthtalkonline.org/ and http://www.youthhealthtalk.org/ . We are currently developing a new section on our site dedicated to young people (aged 10-25) with arthritis. This involves interviewing approximately 40 young people and sharing their stories on the site. Would you be interested in sharing your story? This can be done anonymously and you do not have to appear on video.

    If you would like to learn more please email me at: ben.simmons@phc.ox.ac.uk

    Many thanks

    Ben

    ReplyDelete