Introduction

Hi, Thanks for viewing my blog. It lets me have a rant and I may even help someone along the way. Got the idea to do a blog following using an Arthritis Forum for the first time at www.arthritiscare.org.uk

I suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis which is very demanding in all aspects of my life and this is my story on how I deal with it on a day to day basis.

I have been spending lots of time recently researching arthritis and pregnancy, there isnt loads of information out there and the most helpful thing i have found to date is forums and hearing other peoples story. This just confirms to me why I am 'blogging', if someone like me wants to know they are not on their own.

Tuesday 8 November 2011

A Long 4 Hours

Well today I returned to work following 8 long weeks at home. Just 4 hours to help me settle in but it seemed so much longer. I loved being back and being out of the flat but it really was a struggle.

The Story so far is....

.....following diagnosis of RA about 10 years ago I have tried lots of different combinations of treatment to get my arthritis into remission. I havent found many drugs helpful and 3 years ago thought I may have found the reason. It was decided that I actually had PSA and I went onto Enbrel (after a challenging process to be accepted to have this!), It was like a miracle, I felt awesome. Unfortunately this didnt last but my arthritis remained under better control. Yes I still had flare ups, but all in all things started looking much more positive.

When I got engaged to my wonderfully supportive hubby Adam in October 2010, we decided that once we were married we wanted to start a family. We planned the wedding for 23rd July 2011 (it was so amazing, but the day passed far too quickly). Thats when we found out about the long haul planning process to have a baby. Luckily lots of people dont have this to worry about, but there are also lots of people whose 'planning for a baby', really does involve more planning than the average couple faces. I began coming off some drugs in November 2011 and the others I came off straight after the wedding, I felt really good for a while afterwards; better than I had in ages. Almost human rather than 'drugged up', Normal if thats possible! Unfortunately I got a cold and my flare up started but my focus remains on why I am doing this, to have a family just like so many millions of people do everyday. 'It's all about getting from A to B'.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you all the best in this journey to parenthood!! I am on it myself and I really hope that you can get all the support you are able to, to help with getting your arthritis under control while you try for a baby.

    www.operationuptheduff.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete