Introduction

Hi, Thanks for viewing my blog. It lets me have a rant and I may even help someone along the way. Got the idea to do a blog following using an Arthritis Forum for the first time at www.arthritiscare.org.uk

I suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis which is very demanding in all aspects of my life and this is my story on how I deal with it on a day to day basis.

I have been spending lots of time recently researching arthritis and pregnancy, there isnt loads of information out there and the most helpful thing i have found to date is forums and hearing other peoples story. This just confirms to me why I am 'blogging', if someone like me wants to know they are not on their own.

Saturday 12 November 2011

Trying Something New

An interesting week, returned to work which was not only challenging through the pain but challenging in overcoming the nerves of going back after 8 weeks. Glad to say its complete and topped off by a team building day on Friday which helped me feel part of the team again.

So trying something new; it was suggested to me this week that I tend to be rather direct - whilst I cant see that changing any time soon, I will definitely consider who this works with and who it doesn't. But some traits I want to work on which have been highlighted to me are that I can be rather negative, stubborn and argumentative. I have to 'air' that it is hard to be positive about everything when I am living day in day out with such immense pain, discomfort and fatigue, but I suppose the journey from A to B, isn't just about getting there but also how I get there. I shall therefore try to become more positive; which in turn will hopefully remove some of my argumentative and stubborn streaks as I will try and take a positive from everything. So my positive today is definitely that its the weekend and I get to spend it with those most important to me; family and friends. Not everyone is lucky enough to have such amazing support networks in their life.

Well that was exhausting admitting weaknesses; the physical weakness is bad enough, but the first step is always admitting you have a problem.

Have you ever tried spicy broad beans???? Weird I know but yummy!!! This was my 'something new' I tried today when attending an open day at a Moroccan shopping site. Take a look for yourself; http://www.maroque.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment