Introduction

Hi, Thanks for viewing my blog. It lets me have a rant and I may even help someone along the way. Got the idea to do a blog following using an Arthritis Forum for the first time at www.arthritiscare.org.uk

I suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis which is very demanding in all aspects of my life and this is my story on how I deal with it on a day to day basis.

I have been spending lots of time recently researching arthritis and pregnancy, there isnt loads of information out there and the most helpful thing i have found to date is forums and hearing other peoples story. This just confirms to me why I am 'blogging', if someone like me wants to know they are not on their own.

Monday 30 January 2012

Map Please?

OK, so I know I pretty much live at the hospital but funny enough, it doesn't mean I know know where Neurology Clinic A is. So with no map on my appointment letter for my 1st neurology appointment I figure that we need to go to the neurology department. Apparently not! So back in the car to park at the correct end of the hospital and we made the appointment with seconds to spare. How would someone new to the hospital get on? Map Please?

I kept myself busy today with my mum as my appointment wasn't until 5pm, but as it got closer I did start to get a bit nervous. I was exhausted before I got in the car to leave for the hospital and don't know how I would have coped without Hubby's support.

The consultant was very nice and thorough, we discussed my medical circumstances and history and unlike my recent visit to A&E he didn't imply that I was crazy for not wanting to do or take anything which will provide a risk or complications to trying to conceive/pregnancy. After a long discussion the consultant examined me; this was the worst part. You'd think knowing that the patient suffers from arthritis you would be gentle - No, obviously not; he was quite rough and instead of tapping to get my reflexes it was more of a hit. OUCH! I am hurting now and was already having a bad day with the pain so I hope I will be able to sleep tonight as had an awful night last night - crying at 3am because of the pain. As much as I wanted to wake hubby up for comforting I stopped myself as he gets up so early for work; it wouldn't be fair.

All in all the appointment was good; awaiting some blood results from last week still as he thinks something like Lupus could be a possibility. He wants me to have an EEG and we will take things from there, so now its just a case of waiting for the appointment. In the meantime he sees no reason why I cant work; but advises I do not drive still until investigations are complete.

My wonderful husband has made me dinner since we got home and I am planning on a relaxing night and day tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness, I can sympathise with health care professionals not being gentle with their arthritis patients. I swear my physiotherapist likes to beat me up! I hope you are doing AWAP :).

    ReplyDelete