Introduction

Hi, Thanks for viewing my blog. It lets me have a rant and I may even help someone along the way. Got the idea to do a blog following using an Arthritis Forum for the first time at www.arthritiscare.org.uk

I suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis which is very demanding in all aspects of my life and this is my story on how I deal with it on a day to day basis.

I have been spending lots of time recently researching arthritis and pregnancy, there isnt loads of information out there and the most helpful thing i have found to date is forums and hearing other peoples story. This just confirms to me why I am 'blogging', if someone like me wants to know they are not on their own.

Friday 27 July 2012

13 Weeks and Flaring

Wednesday will mark a year from coming off all my drugs and I have coped really well, suffering only one flare about 4 weeks after coming off the drugs, that was until....
.... this week; 13 weeks pregnant and flaring. I have to say its hit me hard and quite unexpected. I had been coping so well and thought that I would sail through the rest of my pregnancy with no flares. Unfortunately the sudden change in weather brought with it my flare. With only paracetamol to help with the pain its been a very uncomfortable week. I haven't really moved from bed apart from the continuing trips to the toilet (pregnancy effect), and they take me a while to get up and moving.

I noticed I was not quite right on Monday; our first wedding anniversary, when a few of my joints started niggling me. When I went to work Friday I had horrendous pain in my lower back with discomfort at other joints; the pain was so full on that I was overly hot and felt sick. Pain has a habit of doing this to me. Instead of powering through the whole day; which I probably would have done when I only had me to think about I went home to put my feet up and get some rest, hoping I would be fine the next day. Unfortunately not, I woke up Wednesday and my arthritis is in full swing; effecting all my joints with not only incruciating pain but swelling too. My little one has kept me going, I'm fed up of staring at the same 4 walls but I have to think about him/her.

Resting the rest of this week and over the weekend I am hoping will be enough. I want to be able to enjoy the rest of my pregnancy, not be in all this pain.

I'm off now for my next dose of paracetamol, fingers crossed this flare will go away as quick as it came on.

No comments:

Post a Comment