Introduction

Hi, Thanks for viewing my blog. It lets me have a rant and I may even help someone along the way. Got the idea to do a blog following using an Arthritis Forum for the first time at www.arthritiscare.org.uk

I suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis which is very demanding in all aspects of my life and this is my story on how I deal with it on a day to day basis.

I have been spending lots of time recently researching arthritis and pregnancy, there isnt loads of information out there and the most helpful thing i have found to date is forums and hearing other peoples story. This just confirms to me why I am 'blogging', if someone like me wants to know they are not on their own.

Tuesday 26 January 2016

Tea rations

I started the methotrexate a week ago today. It's been a busy week with my sons birthday so hard to tell if the tiredness is related. I know that most people say, of course you are going to be tired, you have a baby and a toddler -but I really can't blame them  they both sleep through; it's me which doesn't!

Apart from the tiredness the initial side effects have not been too bad, I felt a bit nauseous the day after the injection and walked around like a zombie. The worst of it was a horrendous headache the day following the injection. Of course, all of this could just be coincidence. It will take a few weeks to establish what is linked to being on the methotrexate.

I don't usually, but I actually read the patient information leaflet which came with my medication and was distraught to find out that I need to try and avoid too much intake of black tea. Now alcohol that doesn't really bother me, I don't really drink but my black tea Nooooooooo! Don't take my tea away, I need that to function. Therefore I have been on tea rations since last Tuesday. I decided two cups a day just wasn't enough so saw no option but to try green tea. I was sceptical, but had it delivered with my shopping this morning and promptly had my first cup. It was lovely, so I've had a few more. This I can live with!!!

I administered my second injection this morning, no problem, I'm quite proud of myself. I was worried if I'd be able to do it as my fingers are quite swollen and painful today as I am flaring, but I did it. Now all that's left is to hope it helps.

At the weekend my big boy turned 3, I do not know where those 3 years have gone, and how is my baby turning 6 months on Friday. Time just goes too quickly. My family keep me strong and it's for them that I do everything in my power to try and be as well as I can because I do not want them to miss out on things because of me.

Wondering now what the week ahead holds???

No comments:

Post a Comment